Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday, October 1st - Chest

Not bad.  Not quite as invigorating as the back workout though, of course.  I mean, that's pretty consistent in my history as well.  I've always had a stronger back and legs, but my chest, shoulders, and arms lag.  Actually, I want to amend that statement.  My chest used to grow pretty well, but I never had impressive numbers for chest exercises.  Part of this was due to my shoulders, which I'd have to peg as my overall worst body part.  They never grew particularly well, and my numbers were always lagging pretty noticeably.  I think that since most chest exercises involve delts and tris pretty completely that you need to have strong base in all three groups.  My triceps are not the weak point for sure.  Anyways, the point of this is that my workout today was over quickly.  The only notable number was 155 on decline bench, which is a 45 and a 10 on each side of an olympic bar for those of you not familiar.  This is only significant because it has been a long long while since I've bested a single 45 on each side of the bar on a chest exercise.  I tend to never pass 135 on flat bench just because my shoulder (rotator cuff) is kind of touchy and I don't really trust it on flat bench.  Also, I almost never use a bar on incline bench (I opt for dumb bells on incline).  So like I was saying, going past 135 on a barbell chest exercise was a good mental breakthrough for me, even if it was on decline bench.  Whatever, I'm done writing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics