Monday, January 11, 2010

Goals Re-Stated

Goals, stated more appropriately:

Deadlift twice my bodyweight.

Squat twice my bodyweight.

Overhead Press 1.25 times my bodyweight.

To make the math simple, let's say that I weigh 200 pounds.  This would be a 400 lb deadlift, 400 lb squat, and a 250 lb overhead press.  That last one will be the hardest for me, even though it's the lowest goal of them all.  I'm within 85 lbs of the deadlift goal.  I am probably about 175 lbs from the squat.  I think that I will be able to move that squat up significantly in about three months when I am hopefully more comfortable in my technique.  The overhead press will be hard because I've always been lacking in shoulder strength, and I used to avoid doing shoulder stuff.  The deadlift is pretty much a foregone conclusion in my mind, frankly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics